Best Medicare Supplement Plans in Arizona for 2019
Paying for preventive care with your health care providers, covering the cost of your medication, paying for doctor’s visits and hospital stays and more can all result in a lot of out-of-pocket costs. The Medicare benefits that you can enjoy after you are enrolled in Medicare Part A and Part B can help, but the best Medicare Supplement plans in Arizona for 2019 can provide a lot more help, too. In exchange for paying reasonable monthly premiums for your Medicare Coverage — particularly if you compare rates and benefits before signing up — you can get additional coverage with a Medigap plan in Arizona. Signing up for a prescription drug plan like Medicare Part D drug plans can help a lot, becuase Medigap plans dot not cover medications, unless its done in an office or medical facility setting.
Best Medicare Supplement Plans in Arizona for 2019: Overview
You might be willing to pay affordable rates for a Medicare Supplement plan, but you might not want to sign up for one without fully understanding what it is and what it will cover. A few of the things that you will want to be aware of are listed here:
- Signing up for one of these Medicare Supplement plans in Arizona for 2019 does not mean that you will no longer have Medicare as your primary insurance. Instead of thinking of a Supplement as a replacement for the Medicare insurance that you have now, like an HMO or PPO Medicare Advantage plan (also known as Medicare Part C), you can instead think of it as an accompaniment that will provide you with more coverage thru a private insurance company.
- There are 10 different Medicare Supplement plans that you can choose from. Although some are similar, no two are alike. Explore all 10 options to pick the one that will be the right fit for you.
- You can choose your own insurance company when purchasing a Medicare Supplement. You might already have a preferred insurance provider that you have had coverage through in the past, so this can give you a starting point.
- Even though you will be able to rely on your Supplement to help you a lot with your healthcare expenses, it’s important to know what your plan will not cover. For example, your plan probably will not help you pay for things like hearing aids, eyeglasses or dental visits.
Best Medicare Supplement Plans in Arizona for 2019: Plan Benefits
- Skilled Nursing Facility
- Home Health Care
- Medicare Part A and Part B deductibles
- Original Medicare’s coinsurances
- Part B Excess Charges
- Foreign Travel
- DOES NOT cover stand-alone prescription drug coverage
- Medicare Part B Deductible
Medicare Supplement Plans in Arizona for 2019: Enrollment Statistics
There are many Arizonans who rely on Medigap policies that are offered by health insurance providers to help them pay for their healthcare. Senior citizens from these five top most populated counties in Arizona, as well as those from the more rural areas of the state, have gone with a Medicare insurance company to sign up for Medigap plans in Arizona. If you compare rates and benefits and shop for a best Medicare Supplement plan in Arizona for 2019, you can join them.
Even if you rely on Medicare yourself, you might not know much about the statistics about it in your state. These are a few stats about Medicare and Medicare Supplement insurance plans in Arizona:
- In 2017, more than 736,000 people in Arizona were covered as a beneficiary under Original Medicare Part A, Part B or both.
- Out of all of these Medicare beneficiaries, more than 258,000 had Medigap plans.
- Plan F is the most popular of all of the Medicare Supplement plans in Arizona for 2019.
- Medicare Supplement plan G is also very popular in Arizona.
How Many Medicare Supplement Plans are in Arizona for 2019?
There are a lot of different plans that can help you cover Medicare copayments and other costs. These are the 10 different Medigap options you can choose from. The list might seem long, but you can compare rates for premiums, coverage and more to choose the best of these Medicare Supplement insurance plans in Arizona for 2019.
- Medicare Plan A
- Medicare Plan B
- Medicare Plan C
- Medicare Plan D
- Medicare Plan F
- Medicare Plan G
- Medicare Plan K
- Medicare Plan L
- Medicare Plan M
- Medicare Plan N
For many, the best Medicare Supplement plan in Arizona is Plan F. However, you should compare the different Medigap plans before you pick one so that you’ll make the right choice.
Best Medicare Supplement Plans in Arizona: When Can I Enroll?
Even though many seniors look forward to signing up for Medicare Part A and Medicare Part B when they are old enough, a lot of people don’t understand everything that is involved, such as the Medigap Open Enrollment Period.
During your Initial Enrollment Period — which lasts for six months after the first day of the first calendar month in which you are both 65 years old and signed up for Medicare Part B — you can sign up for one of the Medicare Supplement insurance plans in Arizona for 2019 with minimal issues.
The first thing that you do not have to worry about if you sign up for a Medicare Supplement plan in Arizona during this six-month period is being turned down for coverage. A health insurance company that offers this type of health plan has to accept you during this period, even if you have pre-existing conditions. Additionally, the rates that you will be required to pay for coverage may be cheaper if you sign up during this six-month period since your pre-existing conditions cannot be held against you in regards to policy costs. We can help you find top plans from companies like Cigna, Aetna, and Mutual of Omaha. We can also help you understand how Medicare Advantage plans work.
Arizona Medicare Resources
There’s a ton of helpful info out there that you can check out, including these resources: